SEARCH


Oilers provide update on Colby Cave after he suffers brain bleed

PUBLICATION
TJ Tucker
April 7, 2020  (6:58 PM)
SHARE THIS STORY

The Edmonton Oilers have provided some additional information on forward Colby Cave after it was announced earlier Tuesday that the forward was in a medically induced coma after suffering a brain bleed. The team says Cave is now out of emergency surgery at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. Doctors removed a colloid cyst that was causing pressure on his brain.

The update states that Cave is still in a medically induced coma and his wife Emily and his family ask for continued thoughts and prayers. Emily had previously said on Instagram that Cave "needs a miracle" and asked that people continue to "pray for my husband and best friend."

Cave played 11 games with the Oilers in 2019-20, recording one goal. He also suited up for 44 games with the Bakersfield Condors of the AHL, notching 11 goals and 26 points. The Saskatchewan native was not drafted, instead signing an entry-level contract with the Boston Bruins in 2015. He was claimed off waivers by Edmonton in January of 2019.