SEARCH
                 

MAJOR: Patrick Roy Confirmed to Have Rejected Two NHL Offers in the Off-Season

Published January 10, 2024 at 4:19 PM
BY JULIEN TREKKER
A major development was shared in a recent report concerning the renowned goaltender and head coach Patrick Roy.

Roy Shuts Down Two NHL Offers



image

According to a source close to Roy, the former goalie is enjoying a well-deserved year off after a Memorial Cup win with the Quebec Remparts in 2023.

ADS

The same source also mentionned that two NHL teams made Roy offers during the off-season, but he refused them.

He stated that both offers came from Western Conference teams, which may have influenced Roy's decision.

He said:

"Traveling in the West is much more difficult than in the East, he also explained. In Denver, there was jet lag very, very often. Over time, for travel, he had already told me that and I think that's one of the reasons why it interests him less. As you get older, these little details become important in your eyes, in your decisions, I believe."

At 57 years old, Roy isn't getting any younger and these details surely had an impact on his decision. However, if he waits for the right offer, he could wait a while.

Even if there's often coach changes in the NHL, there's also a lot of qualified candidates. Roy's return in the NHL isn't certain at all. We can only hope that it'll happen at some point.


As seen on Habs Fanatics - MAJOR: Patrick Roy reportedly received two offers to return to the NHL and we have the details
ADS
RELATED ARTICLES
ADS
MARKERZONE.COM - COPYRIGHT @2024 - ALL RIGHT RESERVED.
TERMS      POLICIES      CONSENT